Friday, August 6, 2010

My heart has been wrenched!

I was on Facebook the other day, and you know sometimes you go to someones page, and then you see someone that you know so you go to their page, and it goes on and on until your in someones page that you have never met before? Well I had that experience. I saw on someone's page- Praying for the Sullenger Family with this picture of the cutest little girl. I knew I may regret it but I opened it anyways, and this was the first picture that I saw.


http://patrickandashley.blogspot.com/

My heart dropped, and I immediately started crying, and I had no idea what this blog would say, but I knew in my heart, that it would change me- and it did. I read on through the past week of trauma that this family has been through. This little girl- 18 months old fell into a canal in Rigby ID, and suffered from brain damage. They would give updates at least once a day, with such hope, then on July 15 she went to be with the Lord.

I cannot even begin to imagine how they feel. Their baby, who was once full of energy and life, was gone, and now when they wake up in the morning it is silent. When they go to bed- silence. When they have to make a phone call, or watch what they want on tv- nothing. My heart aches for them in no way that I would have ever imagined for a family.

I don't know why either. I have heard of plenty of kids that have died. I have had family that have gone, but my heart just aches, day in and day out. I think maybe because to me she looks a little bit like Alyssa in some of her other pics. I don't know. But when I say it changed me- it did.

Everytime I look at my precious little girl, I think of this mother (Ashley) and I think about what she is doing at this very moment. Is she breaking down, is she looking at pictures, is she sorting through Preslee's things to give away, or to store? Is she sitting in Preslee's room holding her toys? Is she trying to move on by continuing to work, and be with family, and laugh and joke around. I don't know why I think about it so much, but I can't stop. What would I do in that situation. I don't even want to imagine. If you have a minute you should read their blog- http://patrickandashley.blogspot.com/. Her testimony of God through all of this is absolutely amazing. I feel like through this, she is stronger, and encouraging me, even though my daughter is alive and well.

But sometimes you go through situations in life, and you don't know how you make it through, but you do. Everytime I hold my baby now, I cherish her. I thank God that I have another day to hold her. The other day, she woke up at 4 am, and even though I was annoyed, this other mother ran through my mind, and I had to remind myself, that she would do anything to be in my shoes at this very moment. I need to always remember that, and I hope and pray that I will never forget how I have felt in this last week.

No comments: